- 3 cups apples, diced
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Cut apples into small chunks, leaving the skins on. Chop walnuts. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In a separate large bowl, cream sugar and butter. Mix in the egg & vanilla then add the flour mixture.
- Add the apples and walnuts (dough will be stiff – use your hands if you must!).
- Spread mixture in a greased 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 inch pan (or a 9-inch pie plate) and bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes (timing varies depending on the pan used; the cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean).
Enjoy, Dean Stefanic