• 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 8 slices uncooked bacon
• 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
• 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms (try different mushrooms)
• 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
• 2 tbs chopped fresh parsley or 1 tbs dehydrated
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp white pepper
• 2 tbs butter
Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Sauté onion & mushrooms until tender. Remove from heat to cool.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Meanwhile prepare chicken breasts for stuffing by butterflying and cutting a pocket to stuffing the filling inside.
Mix shredded cheese and parsley into the cooled mushroom/onion mixture. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Divide evenly and stuff into pocket created in the chicken.
Carefully wrap each folded breast with 2 slices of bacon, securing with a toothpick if needed. Place on a deep baking sheet or in an oblong ovenproof baker.
Bake for 45-60 minutes, depending on thickness of rolls. Chicken is done when juices run clear or internal temperature is 180 degrees F.
Enjoy, Dean Stefanic