1 ½ lb Boneless pork shoulder (680 g)
½ Onion sliced into thin strips
3 stalks Green onion, sliced into 2-inch (5 cm) pieces
3 cloves Garlic, minced
1 t. Ginger, minced
¼ C. Korean red chili paste (55 g), gochujang
1 t. Red pepper flakes
¼ C. Soy sauce (60 mL)
3 T. Rice wine
1 T. Sesame oil
1 T. Sugar
1 T. Black pepper
1 T. Canola oil
Sesame seed, to garnish
- Slice the pork into extremely thin slices, then transfer to a large bowl. This works best when the pork is super cold or partially frozen.
- Add in all of the ingredients besides the canola oil, then mix until the pork and the vegetables are evenly coated with the marinade.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan over high heat, add pork, being sure not to crowd the pan, stir-fry the pork in batches until slightly crispy on the edges, about 3-4 minutes. If you’re using pork belly, cook for a bit longer, around 6-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle a bit of sesame seeds on top, then serve with rice!
Enjoy, Dean Stefanic