• 10lb Boneless Carving Ham (fully cooked)
• 1 cup Brown Sugar
• 1 stick Butter
• ½ cup Chopped Pecans
• 2oz Bourbon
• 10oz Apple Juice
1. Remove ham from cryovac packaging and place on wire rack inside a full size steam pan with 8oz Apple Juice in bottom of pan.
2. Place in 250⁰ smoker with 1 chunk of cherry & 1 chunk of hickory wood for smoke.
3. Cook ham to internal temperature of 130⁰
4. Melt half of stick of butter in small sauce pan over medium high heat.
5. Add brown sugar and stir to melt.
6. Add bourbon to sugar mixture and continue to cook off alcohol until mixture is almost to a boil about 3-4 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and stir in pecans.
8. Add remaining butter and continue to stir until melted.
9. Pour in remaining apple juice and stir. Mixture should have a syrup-like consistency.
10. Brush bourbon praline glaze over ham when internal temperature reaches 130⁰.
11. Continue to cook for 20 more minutes or until internal temperature reaches 140⁰.
12. Rest the ham for 10-15 minutes and carve for serving.
Enjoy, Dean Stefanic