• 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 cup beer
• 1 egg
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1. Mix flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl using a fork.
2. Beat beer, egg and oil together in a separate bowl.
3. Stir into flour mixture until well blended.
4. Batter should be smooth and moderately thick.
5. Add cilantro to the mix and blend thoroughly.
6. Pre heat deep frying shortening to 350˚
7. Dip desired item in coating and deep-fry until it becomes golden.
8. Drain, season with salt and pepper and serve while hot and crispy.
9. This recipe also works well with fish, shrimp & chicken tenders and vegetable pieces; whatever you like to coat with beer batter.
Enjoy, Dean Stefanic