2 3/4 C. Flour
1 1/2 t. Baking powder
1/4 t. Baking soda
1/2 t. Salt
1 C. Butter
1 3/4 C. Sugar
Zest of 1 orange
3/4 C. Buttermilk
1/3 C. Orange juice
2 t. Vanilla
2 C. Cranberries
2 T. Flour
1 C. Powdered sugar
2-3 T. Orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease and flour a 10-cup bundt pan, set aside.
- In bowl whisk together your flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl beat together your butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in your eggs one at a time until blended.
- Add in your orange zest and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Into your egg mixture add 1/3 of your flour mixture and mix until blended.
- Add half your milk, again blending to combine, then flour mixture then milk.
- Lastly add in your orange juice and beat until incorporated.
- In bowl toss together your cranberries and flour until coated then fold into cake batter.
- Spread into prepared bundt pan and bake for about 50-55 minutes until toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes before inventing onto serving plate to cool completely.
- Once cooled make your glaze by whisking together orange juice and powdered sugar until you get your desired consistency, drizzle over cooled cake.
Enjoy, Dean Stefanic