• 1 loaf Texas Toast, cut into 1″ cubes
• 2 ½ cups milk
• 5 eggs
• ⅔ cup brown sugar
• ¼ cup molasses
• 1 tsp. ginger
• 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
• ½ tsp. nutmeg
• ½ tsp. all-spice
• 1 tsp. vanilla
• 1 ½ cup sugar
• ¾ cup unsalted butter, slightly melted
• 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
• 1 egg yolk
• 2 tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Place bread on to baking sheet and place in oven for about 10 minutes turning stirring halfway through to crisp the bread up.
3. Remove from oven and place into large bowl.
4. In another bowl combine your milk, eggs, sugar, molasses, spices and vanilla and whisk until combined.
5. Pour oven your bread and stir until absorbed, let sit for about 10-15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile spray a 2qt baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
7. Spoon your bread mixture into pan and place in oven and bake for about 45-60 minutes or until center is set and no longer jiggly.
8. Remove from oven to cool slightly.
9. To make your sauce in sauce pan add your sugar, butter and sweetened condensed milk and stir until combined.
10. Cook over medium-high heat until melted and creamy.
11. In large bowl beat your egg, add a little bit of your sauce at a time to temper the egg so it doesn’t scramble, and whisk together.
12. Stir in your vanilla.
13. Pour over your bread pudding and serve.
Enjoy, Dean Stefanic