• 3 t. Olive oil
• 3 t. Soy sauce
• 5 T. Honey
• 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
• 1/2 t. Ground ginger
• 1/2 t. Fresh ground pepper
• 3 lbs. Chicken thighs (or chicken breast)
• salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees F.
- Mix first 6 ingredients together in a large plastic zip-top storage bag. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken to the plastic bag, seal bag and turn chicken to coat each piece, place in refrigerator to marinate until ready to cook, up to a day ahead.
- When ready to cook, add chicken and marinade to a baking dish in a single layer. Bake chicken in a 425-degrees oven for 25 minutes with the skin side up. Flip the chicken and cook skin side down for another 10 minutes. Then turn the chicken again to skin side up and finish cooking for another 10 minutes to crisp up the skin, for a total of 45 minutes. Cook until internal temperature of chicken reads 165-degrees F.
- Serve with a nice coconut rice/Asian stir-fry and enjoy
• 2 C. Jasmine rice
• 1 can Coconut milk
• 1 ½ C. Water
• 1 t. Salt, or to taste
• 1 t. Granulated sugar, or to taste
• 1 T. Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional for garnish)
- In a medium sized pot, rinse the jasmine rice several times until the water runs clear. Drain any excess water and add the coconut milk, water, salt and sugar.
- On high heat, allow the mixture to boil. Once it starts to boil, turn the heat down to low and cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Fluff and serve. Garnish with some chopped cilantro.
Enjoy, Dean Stefanic