4 lbs. pork spare ribs, in serving size pieces
1/3 C. soy sauce
3 T. mirin
2 T. rice wine vinegar
1/2 C. sugar
2 T. honey
5 T. kochujang (Korean chili pepper paste)
1 sweet onion, minced
5 cloves garlic, minced
3 slices peeled fresh ginger, minced
2 t. sesame oil
- Heat up water in a large pot.
- Simmer ribs for about 30 minutes.
- When they are cool, put ribs, cut side up, into a shallow glass or ceramic dish.
- Mix all the seasonings together to make the marinade.
- Pour mixture over meat, coating thoroughly.
- Turn meat cut side down, cover and marinate for at least two hours. Can also marinate overnight.
- Heat a grill or preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cook the meat on the grill or in the oven (meat-side up) for 25 to 30 minutes, turning several times and basting with marinade.
- The meat should be very tender. Depending on the thickness of the meat on the bones, you might need to cook the ribs for a longer or shorter time.