4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
8 slices uncooked bacon
½ C onion, finely chopped
½ C chopped mushrooms
½ C shredded Swiss cheese
2 t chopped fresh parsley or 1 tbs dehydrated
1 t salt
½ t. pepper
2 T butter
1. Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Sauté onion & mushrooms until tender. Remove from heat to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Meanwhile prepare chicken breasts for stuffing by butterflying and cutting a pocket.
4. Mix shredded cheese and parsley into the cooled mushroom/onion mixture. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Divide evenly and stuff into pocket created in the chicken.
5. Carefully wrap each folded breast with 2 slices of bacon, securing with a toothpick if needed. Place on a deep baking sheet or in an oblong ovenproof baker.
6. Bake for 45-60 minutes, depending on thickness of rolls. Chicken is done when juices run clear or internal temperature is 180 degrees F.
Enjoy, Dean Stefanic