• 2 cups (500 ml) strawberries, halved
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
• 1 egg white
• 1 cup (250 ml) 35% cream
• Fresh strawberries cut into thin wedges, for garnish
1. In a food processor, purée the strawberries with the sugar until smooth. Strain, if desired. Transfer to a saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce for 2 minutes.
2. In a bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add the strawberry syrup, beating until the mixture cools, about 15 minutes.
3. In another bowl, whip the cream until it stiff peaks form. Gently fold the cream into the cooled meringue mixture, folding with a spatula. Pour into eight dessert cups or glasses. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with fresh strawberries.
Enjoy, Dean Stefanic