• 3/4 cup all-purpose or light spelt flour
• pinch sea salt
• 2 large, free-range eggs
• 1 1/4 cups milk
• 8 teaspoons vegetable or light olive oil for the muffin tin
• Preheat the oven to 400°F.
• Sift the flour into a medium-sized mixing bowl and add a pinch of salt. Crack the eggs in and whisk together with the flour, then gradually pour in the milk, stirring constantly. Beat all the ingredients together until the batter is the consistency of cream. Refrigerate the batter for 30 minutes.
• Pour 1 teaspoon of oil into the bottom of each of the 8 wells in a non-stick muffin tin. Put the muffin tin in the oven to heat the oil until it’s very hot—almost smoking hot (about 5 minutes).
• Give the batter a quick stir and then pour it equally into each well in the tin (you should hear it sizzle and it should bubble). Return the tin to the oven and bake the puddings for 20-25 minutes, until they have risen and are deep golden brown.
Enjoy, Dean Stefanic